Centre To Depts As Covid Crisis Worsens

News18 Logo

All central government departments will continue with staggered office hours and 50 percent attendance of Under Secretary and below level employees till this month-end as the COVID situation has not improved to a desirable level, according to a Personnel Ministry order. It said the guidelines announced last month for government establishments in the wake of … Read more

PM Modi Calls Review Meet on Covid-19, Vaccination Exercise as Pandemic Worsens Across India

News18 Logo

Prime Minister Narendra Modi. (PTI Photo) Top officers from various ministries will participate in the review meeting on COVID-19 called by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at 8pm on Saturday. PTI New Delhi Last Updated:April 17, 2021, 18:24 IST FOLLOW US ON: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has called a review meeting with top officials over the … Read more

Delhi Going Through its Fourth Covid Wave, No Lockdown Yet But Will See if Situation Worsens: Kejriwal

News18 Logo

Noting the rapid and exponential rise of Covid-19 cases in the capital, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has termed it the fourth wave of coronavirus in the capital. “For the country, this might be the second wave but for Delhi, this is the fourth wave,” he said. Stating that the exponential rise – Delhi recorded … Read more

Mumbai Sees 4,758 New Covid-19 Cases, Doubling Rate Worsens to 50 Days; Death Toll Touches 11,671

News18 Logo

Mumbai on Tuesday reported 4,758 fresh COVID-19 cases, taking the tally of infections to 4,09,320, the city civic body said, adding that the doubling rate of cases in the city has worsened to 50 days. With 10 patients succumbing to the COVID-19 infection, the toll in the megapolis mounted to 11,671, a civic official said, … Read more

Confident of Tackling Covid Crisis; Mumbai Has Ample Health Facilities if Situation Worsens: BMC

auther-image

The daily Covid-19 cases in Mumbai is inching towards the 1,000 mark. With Maharashtra reporting a sudden surge in Covid infections, state capital seems to be a major contributor in the case tally. 82 per cent of the total cases in Mumbai are asymptomatic and the remaining 18 per cent require hospitalisation, BMC data shows. … Read more

Maharashtra Covid-19 Positivity Rate Worsens to Double in Only 10 Days, Authorities Blame Low Testing

News18 Logo

Just as Maharashtra was starting to stabilise after reeling continuously under the Covid-19 storm, positivity rate in the state has again climbed to near double digits. According to a report by The Times of India, till February 5, daily positivity rate was within 5%, which has nearly doubled in the last week. From 4.8% on … Read more

Mumbai’s Covid-19 Doubling Rate Worsens, Fatalities in Check, ‘Too Early’ to Confirm 2nd Wave

News18 Logo

Mumbai’s COVID-19 infection growth and doubling rate is again on the rise and senior BMC officials have attributed it to the movement of people across the state and leniency in observance of safety protocols by citizens. While some doctors are fearing this spike may be a second wave, civic health officials have maintained that it … Read more

Delhi Weather: Dense Fog, Low Visibility In City, Air Quality Worsens

NDTV News

Delhi Weather: The city woke up to a cold and foggy morning today Delhi Weather Updates: The national capital on Monday witnessed dense fog in pockets. Various parts in north India were also enveloped in dense fog affecting visibility, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) on said. According to the weather office, there is “very dense” and “dense” fog … Read more

Resignation and an Expulsion: Trouble for Mamata Banerjee Worsens Ahead of Assembly Polls

File photo of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.

Hours after West Bengal Forest Minister Rajib Banerjee resigned from the Mamata Banerjee government in West Bengal, the Trinamool Congress (TMC) on Friday expelled its party MLA Vaishali Dalmia after a meeting of the disciplinary committee. The decision to expel Dalmia came as for the last few months she has been publicly criticizing the party, … Read more

Translate »